We empower health care professionals with the support, tools, and coaching to manage crisis with creative expression.
Unleashing Creativity out of Crisis
We provide a 3-week online resiliency training program focused on re-narrativizing moments of crisis into stories of growth, connection, and kindness through improvisational theatre, digital art, and positive psychology.
Nexus Course at Mt. Sinai
3-week resiliency training
You are a resilient monkey.
Guideline to prepare for you first Zoom session:
- Position your laptop/device in a space where you have access to the best direct lighting on your face and body. Please follow the guidelines suggested in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZGF6uQ4IIM
- Make sure you are lit more brightly than your background.
- If possible, light your body and background with two different sources
- Angle your camera/device so that we can capture as much of your well-lit body as possible.
- Ideally you will be able to stand away from your device and capture your body in a medium or wide shot, as well as be able to approach the camera for a close up.
- You may find that if the camera is angled to capture your body, that you will need to crouch down to be in the frame for a close-up. If so, position a chair so that you can sit comfortably when near, and then stand when far.
- Make sure there is nothing obstructing your microphone, and if it is external point it towards your face as much as possible.
- If you have a green screen fill your background as much as possible and light it separately from your body.
- If you do not have a green screen try to make sure your background is a solid color that is different from your skin tone. You may hang a sheet that is a solid color if you do not have a brightly colored wall. Do not wear anything that is the same color as your background.
- If possible, use the desktop version of Zoom and enable ‘Background Removal.’ Download the attached jpeg color square (right click and ‘save as’), and then upload it to Zoom to use as your background. Follow this guideline if you need help: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/210707503-Virtual-Background